About Quad Learning:
Our mission is to lead a paradigm shift in higher education by enabling colleges and universities to provide radically enhanced value to a broader population of students. As a venture-backed startup, we believe in fusing the power of the market with the passion of our mission to solve systemic problems in higher education. To forward our mission we created American Honors: a 2-year selective honors program at leading community colleges across the nation that prepares students to transfer to and earn a bachelor’s degree from top 4-year institutions.
The Visual Designer develops engaging and effective concepts and designs for integrated marketing campaigns across offline and online channels that help identify, find, and recruit students into the American Honors program. Channels include, but are not limited to: website, print brochures, signage, email, social, events, display, presentations, and blog. Partnering with the Director of Marketing, the Visual Designer will also lead the strategy refresh of the American Honors brand (look and feel) and create practices that ensure all designs align with brand standards. Additionally, the designer will work with the Product & Technology team on mobile and web product design to enhance customer interactions with our product.
What you have:
- Robust portfolio of digital, print, and web design projects that demonstrates advanced conceptual thinking and execution of designs to solve specific problems. Application of design concepts in an integrated campaign, across multiple channels, is extra awesome.
- Excitement about bringing a brand to life -- both online and offline.
- Solid understanding of the fundamentals of product design as it relates to developing wireframes, mapping user experience flows, and interaction/interface design across desktop and mobile.
- Fantastic organizational, communication and interpersonal skills. A sense of humor, penchant for geeking out, and general curiosity are also great. A passion for higher education and desire to work in a for-profit, mission-driven company gets you bonus points.
- Skills that are a plus: data visualization, video editing, illustration, specifically iconography development.
How you work:
- Create multiple thoughtful design solutions and proactively seek input on how the work can be even better.
- Able to handle a number of projects at once, proactively communicating when deadlines are at risk because you care equally about meeting deadlines and delivering awesome work.
- Communicate your convictions with passion, but are also open to feedback and direction in order to create the best design solution possible.
- Not afraid to ask questions - ever.
- Have a "yes, and…" attitude and have an insatiable desire to keep learning.
- Mastery-level proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Acrobat) and Microsoft Office.
- A Bachelor's degree and 3+ years of experience doing a mix of print, web, and digital design.
To apply for this position, please submit the items below to email@example.com with the subject "Visual Designer"
- Cover letter
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as requested by his or her manager(s). This description is subject to review and modification at any time without notification.