To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "RAC - PC"
About Quad Learning/American Honors
Quad Learning (QL) is an education start-up with an audacious mission: to change higher education by creating affordable new pathways to a top-tier bachelor's degree. Quad Learning collaborates with community colleges to offer the American Honors (AH) program. American Honors is a selective program for students who want to transfer to earn a bachelor's degree from a top college or university. The program includes honors courses, a dedicated advisor, and a strong community. AH advisors work with students to help them pick the right classes, map out transfer options, career goals, and financial aid options. Quad Learning is a venture-backed startup with community college collaborators in Washington, Indiana, New Jersey, Michigan, and Texas. Quad Learning and AH have been featured in The New York Times, Inside Higher Ed, All Things Digital, the Washington Post and more. We are an energetic, driven, and passionate group.
Working with a team under the guidance of the Program Director, the Regional Admissions Counselor (RAC) supports program outreach and student recruitment.
The role of Regional Admissions Counselor for American Honors at Pierce College is responsible for designing and executing a recruitment plan to meet enrollment targets. Serving as a main point-of-contact for prospective students and community stakeholders, the Regional Admissions Counselor works with local high schools, community groups, community college students and faculty, and the community college outreach and marketing staff to build awareness of the program and recruit new students.
In addition, the RAC is expected to participate with the current student community and support student success. We feel involvement in the current community is imperative to being able to speak to student experience with other prospective students and community stakeholders. As such, the RAC will also work closely with AH Advisors and other program staff to support the current student community by through involvement with the Honors Council and other advisory and community engagement activities.
The balance of the job will shift throughout the year with a dominant focus on program outreach and enrollment target.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Program Outreach and Enrollment
- Build key partnership and connections in the field with like-minded community advocates, high schools, and other community organizations where we can outreach to prospective students
- Create a yearly recruitment calendar and strategize innovative and creative ways to connect with prospective students
- Represent AH at local events, high school visits, and other recruitment opportunities
- Host informational events & deliver a "field pitch" that is tailored to specific audiences
- Work with Quad Learning's Marketing team to create strong and relevant marketing language and material
- Carefully record contacts, outreach efforts, and field leads to report out to the Program Director on a weekly basis
- Input and track field leads using Salesforce
- Consistently communicate with our Admissions Officers and Advisors on relevant student leads
- Support newly enrolled student engagement throughout the summer prior to the start of the school year
- Student Services
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to student development and success through advocacy, relationship building, and problem solving
- Develop a working knowledge of college curricula, programming, and policies; student financial assistance programs; the transfer process; and best-fit universities for various types of student populations
- Help create and facilitate student community on campus
- Facilitate student orientations and support leadership and transfer seminars
- Support students with the transfer application process
The right person for this job will:
- Believe in what we are trying to build—a low-cost pathway to a top four-year degree
- Think and act like an owner—be a doer, a manager, a strategizer, and an influencer, building the American Honors program
- Act strategically—re-prioritize work on the fly, address unanticipated challenges, and take advantage of opportunities
- Communicate proactively—effectively communicate and coordinate with a large number of colleagues and stakeholders spread out over disparate locations
- Build relationships—cultivate internal and external constituencies and build long-term relationships to achieve goals
Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrated passion for education access and student success
- Strong organizational and time management skills to efficiently and effectively balance competing priorities.
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written skills, demonstrated through presentation and teaching experiences
- Strong collaboration skills
- Eagerness to address problem areas and take initiative and ownership over scalable solutions
- Ability to understand and use data and technology systems, including a CRM to support results
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, performance-driven, team environment
- Local knowledge of the high school and extracurricular activities landscape
- A desire to build trusting relationships to help students from all backgrounds explore and identify their needs and interests
What you can expect from us:
- The opportunity to transform student lives by building a best-in-class honors program
- A chance to join a well-funded, mission-driven start-up
- The opportunity to shape a young company and work across a variety of initiatives
- A great management team with decades of experience in leading education and tech companies
- Competitive salary and opportunities for growth and promotion
Education and Experience: Bachelor's Degree required. 1-3 years of education and outreach experience preferred, preferably either in student services, operations, or admissions and marketing.
Language Skills: This position requires the ability to respond effectively to clients, students, and the broader community, and handle sensitive and/or confidential communications. This position requires a high level of skill in both oral and written communication and the ability to effectively present ideas and information.
Technical Skills: Advanced computer skills including use of Salesforce or other data management systems; Knowledge of Microsoft and Google Suite.
Evenings and Travel: Regular evening events, particularly during the fall recruiting season, will be required with limited domestic travel.
*This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as requested by his or her manager(s). This description is subject to review and modification at any time without notification.