Location: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Issue Date: January 2017
About Quad Learning:
Quad Learning, Inc. (QL) is a venture-backed startup with an audacious mission: to change higher education by creating affordable new pathways to a top-tier bachelor’s degree. QL collaborates with leading community colleges to jointly develop and deliver American Honors, a competitive two-year honors program designed for high ability students.
After two years in American Honors, students transfer to complete the final two years of their four-year degree from a top college or university. In our inaugural year, our students have been admitted for transfer at Stanford University, the University of Michigan, Cornell University, the University of Washington, Georgetown University, Purdue University, Brigham Young University, and many others. QL has been featured in TechCrunch, Inside Higher Ed, Venture Beat, the Washington Post, and more. We are an energetic, driven, passionate group.
This position is based in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam and made available through Quad Learning’s local partner, Access American Education. Access American Education LLC is a full service education firm that helps international students with career counseling and placement in U.S. and Canadian high schools, boarding schools, colleges, universities, and other educational institutions.
About the Position:
The Recruitment and Marketing Representative position is responsible for executing logistics of the student recruitment plan to meet enrollment targets across American Honors’ expanding network of 2-year colleges. The position is based in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam and is responsible for expanding the organization’s recruitment network in Vietnam. The position requires up to 50% travel.
The Recruitment and Marketing Representative works with regional recruitment partners, high schools, and community groups to recruit new students for the American Honors program and serves as their main point of contact. The role is responsible for all aspects of the partnership development process from securing contracts to providing follow up support regarding specific applicants. The Recruitment and Marketing Representative position reports to the Country Representative, Vietnam.
- Effectively secure and maintain relationships with local recruitment agents, partners and community groups within the region and prioritized markets.
- Conduct visits to area secondary schools to meet with prospective students and deliver materials.
- Arrange, facilitate, and leverage visits to the region by faculty and staff representing American Honors network colleges for recruitment and brand building activities.
Marketing & Promotion
- Identify and develop new ways to build the American Honors brand in each regional market.
- Identify and leverage marketing channels relevant to target student audiences in addition to developing localized marketing messages for use in traditional and social media.
- Host informational events and deliver “field pitch” that is tailored to each audience.
- Organize, coordinate, and promote participation in formal recruitment events and fairs as needed.
- In support of local recruitment partners, assist in following up with prospective students and serving as American Honors subject matter expert regarding all program elements.
- Educate prospective students on the benefits of American Honors’ academic programs.
- Support local partners by providing recurring training about new program offerings, locations, promotions, application processes, etc. to ensure consistent applicant quality.
- Assist students and partners with the application process and engage other internal departments in order to increase and secure enrollments.
- Report feedback and data points in routine reports offering insight from the ground to help inform and evolve future market engagement strategy.
- Continually assess competitive landscape and emerging opportunities in the region.
- Proven track record of managing a sales process and surpassing sales targets
- 4+ year of work with college students or college-bound students, particularly youth/families of various backgrounds—experience in student recruitment a plus
- Fluency in written and oral English and one other language; Applicants will be requested to take an English language exam in order to demonstrate proficiency.
- Highly-driven and self-motivated individual with the ability to meet and exceed defined targets.
- Existing network of contacts in the education industry and understanding of local dynamics.
- Strong communication skills: writing and public speaking.
- Commitment to reflecting on practices to make improvements to work.
- Ability to undertake frequent local and regional travel; Position requires up to 50% regional, international travel.
- Willingness to work flexible hours (some evenings, weekends) during peak recruitment cycles.
- Ability to work as a regional employee, communicating remotely with a team in the United States.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Salesforce, and Google productivity suite.
What you’ll get from us:
- The opportunity to shape a company’s brand in Southeast Asia
- An independent, fast-paced, and stimulating work environment
- The opportunity to work across a variety of marketing & admissions initiatives
- Competitive wages and incentives
How to apply:
If interested, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line: “Recruitment & Marketing Representative, Vietnam.”
Access American Education is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. American Honors’ equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay, and dismissal.